Teaching and advising
- CSE 3521/5521: Survey of Artificial Intelligence I: Basic Techniques. The course homepage is hosted in Carmen.
- If you are a student interested in machine learning or AI-related projects, please contact me by email.
Research Interests (more...)
My research interest lies in the analysis of human-centric data through machine learning, computer vision, and medical image analysis.
Current research topic includes
- Learning with Partially Ordered Data
- Analysis of Human Activity from Multiple Mobile Sensors
- Computational Anatomy
- Automated Facial Expression Analysis
- Nonlinear Dimensionality Reduction
Awards and Scholarships
- Finalist for MICCAI Young Scientist Publication Impact Award, 2013
- MedIA-MICCAI Best Journal Paper Award, 2010
- Departmental Research Fellowship, 2002 - 2008
- University Merit Scholarship, 1998 - 2001
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, 2008
M.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Seoul National University, 2001
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, 1997
Selected Publications (more...)
- J. Hamm, D. Ye, R. Verma, and C. Davatzikos, "GRAM: A Framework for Geodesic Registration on Anatomical Manifolds," Medical Image Analysis (MedIA), 2010, MedIA-MICCAI Best Journal Paper Award, 2010 [pdf]
- J. Hamm, R. Gur, C. Kohler, and R. Verma, "Automated facial action coding system for dynamic analysis of facial expressions in neuropsychiatric disorder," Journal of Neuroscience Methods (JNM), 2011.
- J. Hamm, and D. Lee, "Extended Grassmann Kernels for Subspace-Based Learning," Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2008, [pdf]