Previously Used LAB NEWS
• In the news:: First 4D Virtual Human Created, Dubbed CAVEman (May 29, 2007)
.• Rythm & Hues Software Department is hiring:: Interns and full time staff. For interns, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org; for full-time, send resumes to email@example.com (May 7, 2007).
• Cool web site of the week: Need something to occupy your time that exercises your 3D spatial reasoning. Check out a nice 3D applet, Solid Houses (April 11, 2007).
• Welcome Ed Angel: Ed Angel, author of the textbook we use in CSE 581 and internationally known OpenGL guru, will be visiting us on Friday, April 13 and will give a talk in that course. (April 11, 2007).• Cool web site of the week: Check out animation helping to visualize how dinosaurs walk.. (April 5, 2007).
• New Course in the Fall: CSE694A - Computer Animation and Techniques. This is a companion course to CSE682. 682 becomes strictly a capstone design course and 694A is a survey of algorithms closely tied to the book by the same name. (March 19, 2007).
• Cool web site of the week: Check out this new mocap product http://ncroal.talk.newsweek.com/default.asp?item=517804 Thanks to Domin Lee for the pointer. (March 16, 2007).
• Just because it's Friday: Check out this video on VideoSift http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=9491 (March 9, 2007).
• Presentation: Alla Safonova from CMU will talk about intuitive interfaces for synthesizing natural human motion, March 6, 2007.
• Check out AnyBots: dynamically balancing walks at :http://paulgraham.com/anybots.html Thanks to Ben Schroeder for the pointer. (March '07)
• Disney is looking: for interns and full time. See their web site. (Posted: March '07)
• ACCAD & the Oscars: : check out the animated short, No Time for Nuts, created by ACCAD alumni that's nominated for an Oscar.
• Electronic Arts visit: : Feb. 21 & 22, EA will be interviewing students for both internships and permanent positions in both art and technical areas - Wednesday at ACCAD and Thursday here in CSE..
• Pixar visit: : Mar. 5& 6, Pixar will be interviewing students for both internships and permanent positions in both art and technical areas . They will visit CSE 682 on Monday, give a presentation at ACCAD (Bale Auditorium) Monday evening. and interview students on Tuesday.
• Congratulations on the new job: Arun Somasundaram is off to Disney studios in Burbank, CA - congratulations! (Aug. '06)
New Ph.D. : Congratulations to Yootai Kim on successfully defending his Ph.D. dissertation "Realistic Gaseous Animation Control Using Velocity Matching Based on Linear Feedback." (advisor: Raghu Machiraju)
•Congratulations to summer interns: Bryan Cline (Dreamworks), Yisheng Chen (Pixar), Jonathan Woodring (Los Alamos National Lab), Chaoli Wang (Oak Ridge National Lab), John Scott (Disney), Josh Levine (DSI technology)
• Congratulations to recent grads on their jobs/schools: Mike Ford (DSCI), Bob Kopinsky (Dreamworks), Guangfend Ji (Vital Image), Tony Garcia (Intel), Samrat Goswami (Post-doc at UT Austin), Tathagata Ray (Post-doc at RPI), Kyle Moore (UNC grad school)
• Interesting Web Site of the Week: Computer Scientists Create 'light field camera' banishing fuzzy photos
• Interesting Web Site of the Week: Wave Your Hand, Draw in 3D
• Interesting Web Site of the Week: Haptic sports garments
• Educational Web Site of the Week: Line Integrals